Al Hilal Bank goes ‘dark’ for a brighter future
, June 4, 2013
A new green initiative will be taken by Abu Dhabi-based Al Hilal Bank, by promoting and offering dark-themed backgrounds and screensavers in commemoration of World Environment Day, on June 5.
The bank will also continue its sustainability efforts of switching off the lights in its branches and offices after working hours, a statement said.
Al Hilal Bank’s new initiative is based on the fact that dimmer screens save energy by as much as 20 per cent, given that the average adult spends eight to 14 hours per day in front of a multimedia screen.
Through its online campaigns for its ‘Go dark’ initiative, Al Hilal hopes to encourage more organizations and individuals to support simple actions that protect the environment.
The bank also executes a ‘Go Green’ strategy that incorporates impactful sustainability initiatives into its annual activities. It owns ‘eGrab,’ an electric-powered mobile banking branch, participates regularly in the Emirates Environmental Group’s ‘Plant A tree’ program, and uses various digital technologies to prevent paper wastage.
World Environment Day, organised by the United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is celebrated every year on June 5 to raise global awareness on the need to take positive environmental action. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Plastic recycling factory opens in Bahrain
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn