Dubai opens new medical fitness centre
Dubai, June 5, 2013
The Dubai Health Authority (DHA) has announced the opening of a new 20,000 sq feet medical fitness centre in Al Karama area which can accommodate upto 2,000 patients per day.
The centre boasts of key features including a VIP lounge; a kids play area, two coffee shops, a reading area and hitech medical facilities.
Maisa Al Bustani, director of medical fitness at the DHA, said: “The centre provides express medical services which include three options-customers can choose to obtain medical fitness results within 4 hours, 24 hours or 48 hours. The centre is located in the heart of Karama and will be convenient for the people living in the vicinity.”
Al Bustani said the new centre will see more rush in the coming days as another of its unit, the Al Satwa Medical Fitness Centre will be temporarily closed for renovation.
“We will expand the centre and are carrying out some renovations as its one of the oldest medical fitness centres in the emirate. In the meantime, clients can use the Karama medical fitness centre, which is three times the capacity of the Al Satwa centre and also provides express services,” she added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs