Samaya-Alcon launch high-tech surgery
Abu Dhabi, June 6, 2013
Abu Dhabi-based Samaya Specialized Center has launched the refractive laser cataract surgery in collaboration with Alcon Pharmaceuticals, a leader in eye care, with its LenSx laser machine.
The LenSx femtosecond laser revolutionises the way cataract surgery is performed. The LenSx laser is an advanced, precision based technology that operates with unmatched precisions and computer-control, helping surgeons to customise the procedure to your eye, a statement said.
The LenSx laser uses 3D image guided technology that maps the patient’s eye; then the laser uses this computer-guided image to perform precise incisions that would normally be made with a steel or diamond knife.
According to Dr Ameen Al Saleem, CEO,“This technology represents the most significant advance in refractive cataract surgery in 30 years. The LenSx laser is the most precise way to perform refractive cataract surgery for patients wanting astigmatism correction and greater freedom from glasses. The results have lived up to both our and our patients' expectations.”
Samaya Specialized Center is situated in Al- Bateen area, Abu Dhabi. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi
- Summit highlights women’s healthcare issues