Bahrain alerts against dust storm
Manama, June 9, 2013
People with asthma or allergy problems have been urged to stay indoors as the dust storm that has engulfed Bahrain is due to continue for the next four days.
They have been advised to wear face masks and take their medication regularly, reported the Gulf Daily News, our sister publication.
Health Ministry assistant under-secretary for hospitals Dr Amin Al Saati said hospitals had seen a rush of patients, mostly suffering from allergies, asthma attacks and eye infections due to the weather.
According to Bahrain’s meteorological directorate, dusty conditions will continue through to at least Wednesday with wind speeds of up to 30 knots. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi
- Summit highlights women’s healthcare issues