Daman launches new health support programmes
Abu Dhabi, July 7, 2013
UAE's National Health Insurance Company, Daman has added three new programmes to its health support services.
The programmes include support for colorectal and cervical cancers and rheumatoid arthritis, said a statement.
Daman’s health support director, Dr Alfons Grabosch said: “We understand that patients need more support than mere medication. The addition of three new programmes means we are now able to provide professional counsel on six life-changing diseases.”
Daman members joining any health support programme are assigned a personal coordinator who provides regular support in coordination with the treating physician. The coordination allows members to be more involved and aware of their condition and treatment plan, said the statement.
Along with the new colorectal cancer management programme, Daman is now including coverage for colorectal cancer screening in all Enhanced plans. The annual screening is offered to members over 50 years of age, it said. – TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- Abu Dhabi to host mHealth summit
- DHA unveils roll out plan for health insurance
- Dubai hospital performs new pinhole surgery
- Al Ain Civil Defence ties up with disabilities centre
- ADWEA strategic partner for water summit
- Conference to focus on HSE issues
- Deadly human MERS virus also infects camels
- Axa Gulf launches medical provider locator
- Saudi medical devices market to hit $1.6bn
- Bahrain clamp on fitness drugs