Al Wagan Hospital to be expanded
Abu Dhabi, August 18, 2013
Al Ain-based Al Wagan Hospital is set to commence its expansion and renovation work, said the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (Seha).
The approval for the works was granted by the Executive Committee of the Abu Dhabi Executive Council and it will enable residents of Al Wagan to have access to integrated, high-quality healthcare services and for the hospital to deliver the highest internationally recognised standards in healthcare, said a statement.
Seha will carry out a process of expansion and renovations at the hospital in order to ensure that its design is compliant with design criteria on a par with global health facilities.
The new building will also reduce maintenance costs and provide a number of administrative support services, including meeting rooms and parking lots. The will world will include the development of outbuildings such as doctor’s housing building, a new emergency department, renovation of the current outpatient clinics and the construction and expansion of the main hospital, it said.
The hospital will also be able to offer more medical services, including obstetrics and gynaecology and dialysis, and will relieve the burden on the public of travelling to Al Ain city for treatment.
The hospital has been designed according to sustainability criteria which take into account the reduction of energy and water consumption, and which are also intended to make full use of the sunlight. - TradeArabia News Service
More Health & Environment Stories
- NCDs ‘to cost GCC $36bn in 2013’
- Arabtec inks $1.2bn UAE hospital contract
- Infectious disease control ‘urgent need for GCC’
- New HIV cases fall as Bahrain's efforts pay off
- Conference to discuss emergency medicine
- UAE reports 3 more MERS cases
- Bahrain 'free of Mers coronavirus'
- 500,000 suffer from spinal cord injuries
- 3BL to assess Majaal corporate sustainability
- Diabetes experts to meet in Abu Dhabi