Borouge set to sign $3bn deals
Abu Dhabi, May 31, 2007
Abu Dhabi Polymers (Borouge) will formally sign $3 billion of Borouge 2 project expansion contracts on June 4.
The contracts are with Tecnimont SpA of Italy to construct three new Borstar technology polyolefins units, at approximately $1.8 billion; and Tecnicas Reunidas SA of Spain to construct the offsite and utilities for the expansion, at approximately $1.2 billion.
The major expansion project being undertaken at the Borouge production facility in Ruwais will triple annual production to two million tonnes. -TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn