Tripp Lite appoints Empa as distributor
Dubai, July 31, 2007
Tripp Lite, the world’s leading manufacturer of power protection equipment, has appointed Dubai-based Empa as a regional distributor of its products in the GCC.
The move follows a profitable first half for the US-based company in 2007, which posted an impressive growth in sales in the GCC region.
Empa ME will distribute Tripp Lite’s extensive power protection portfolio, which includes UPS systems, surge suppressors, line conditioners, power inverters and KVM switches.
Empa will also offer Tripp Lite’s cables and connectivity products, power strips and PDUs, notebook accessories, rack systems and network management accessories. Empa’s appointment as regional distributor follows the closure of Tech Data ME, Tripp Lite’s former channel partner in the region.
“Organisations have become increasingly aware of the impact of power quality, supply and protection to their businesses, spurring a high demand for our state-of-the-art power protection products. To be able to leverage this tremendous response, we selected Empa ME as our new partner, as it has a proven track record of growth and a diversified channel network in the region that will enable them to drive sales and consolidate our position in the GCC,” said Vipin Sharma, vice-president of EEMEA & India sales at Tripp Lite.
Empa is a leading regional distribution company, which was founded in 1998 at Jebel Ali Free Zone with dedicated divisions for distribution, business solution and retail.
In a span of eight years, the company increased its value from $10 million to $100 million in 2006 with a network that covers the Middle East, North Africa and Central Asia. Leveraging its state-of-the-art ERP and IT systems, the distributor recently launched E-Retail as a retail arm, which offers a turnkey solution combining competitive pricing, services and support.
“As one of the region’s leading players in the IT industry, we are always keen on partnering with established international brands that will enable us to provide best-of-breed solutions to our diverse customers. Being Tripp Lite’s strategic partner in the Middle East will allow us to cater to growing demands as well as further our market stronghold,” said Empa president Rahb Hamidaddin.
Tripp Lite has ensured localised assistance to its customers in the GCC through well-trained service and sales teams in various service centers and over 15 in-country distribution offices spread across the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV