Empower and Logstor launch joint venture
Dubai , September 16, 2007
Emirates Central Cooling Systems Corp (Empower) and Logstor have announced a joint venture - Empower Logstor - to set up UAE's largest pre-insulated pipe factory.
Empower, Dubai's leading district cooling will hold 51 per cent with Logstor, the world's largest manufacturer of pre-insulated pipes, taking the remaining 49 per cent stake in the venture, that will become operational next year, said a report in the Gulf News.
The new firm will help service the demand for high quality pre-insulated pipes, especially for district cooling, which is increasingly being seen as the most energy efficient, safe, proven and environment-friendly solution to cool buildings.
'This joint venture, with a capital investment of $25 million, is a new opportunity for Empower to achieve backward integration. It will also consolidate our status as a leading regional player in pipeline systems. Our partnership with a major global brand will help us expand Empower's reach beyond the region,' said chairman of Empower Saeed Al Tayer is quoted to have said in the report.
The size of the regional pre-insulated pipe market is expected to exceed $1.5 billion over the next five years.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu