GAC opens new hub in Prague
Dubai, November 15, 2007
GAC is opening a new regional logistics office in Prague, Czech Republic, as part of the group’s efforts to develop its logistics network in Central and Eastern Europe.
Fully operational from November 15, the office will be headed up by Gunnar Lundgren, regional logistics manager for Europe, Mediterranean and Africa (EMAF) who moves from his current base in Egypt.
Lundgren continues his responsibility for spearheading GAC's logistics business in the EMAF region but with a greater focus on the countries in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE). He is also responsible for developing and implementing regional sales strategies, reviewing service standards and building relations with key customers and partners.
'The growing economies of Central and Eastern Europe have great potential for the development of logistics services, particularly air, sea and overland services' said Lundgren. 'Part of our existing customer base is already either manufacturing or trading in Central and Eastern Europe so it is a natural progression for GAC to open a regional logistics office there.'
The new regional logistics office is supported in CEE by offices in Poland and Russia which offer a full range of freight forwarding and distribution services. GAC intends to further increase its strength in CEE by forging strong partnerships with other logistics services providers in the region. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn