Clinker-cement factory in Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi , December 15, 2007
Emirates International Investment Company (EIIC) is to set up a Dh1.5 billion ($404 million) clinker-cement factory in Abu Dhabi.
Clinker is a solid material used to produce cement and mortar, and if stored properly, can be traded internationally in large quantities.
The new EIIC factory will satisfy the region’s real estate boom, which is increasingly inflating the demand for this basic construction component.
EIIC has announced that construction on the factory will commence next month and will take around three years to complete all planned construction phases.
Abu Dhabi’s first ever clinker-cement factory is expected to be ready for actual production by end of 2010.
“Production capabilities and volume should reach around 3.5 tonnes annually, once the factory is fully functional,” said Abdellatif Sfaxi, CEO of EIIC.
“This capacity is expected to cover most of Abu Dhabi’s needs for clinker-cement and we will also be able to supply a higher demand, according to our future factory expansion strategies.”
Emirates International Investment Company - EIIC is part of National Holding, a leading Abu Dhabi-based private holding company.
Founded in 1999, EIIC focuses on Investments in various growth sectors in UAE, Mena and globally.
EIIC is active in the industrial, agro–industrial, real estate and investment sectors.
Some of EIIC's construction companies under the industrial division are:
Union Rebar for Steel Forming
Aswaar Pre-cast Fences (first in UAE)
Tameer Pre-cast concrete
Tameer Dry Mortar
Glasswool ( first in UAE)
Geo Textile ( first in UAE)
Some of EIIC's other companies are:
National fodder production & marketing
Union Copper Rods
National Industries Complex
Abu Dhabi International Medical Services
Etihad National Travel and Tourism
West Coast Cleaning Services
Emirates Link Trading
Babteen-LeBlanc Communications Towers
EIIC's Real Estate division manages around 30 properties in Abu Dhabi and in Al Ain, with some other big projects in the pipeline.
EIIC’s Investment division's focus is on Strategic Investment, Private Equity, Capital Market and Alternative.
In the local market, EIIC has long term strategic investments in:
Abu Dhabi Islamic Bank
National Bank of Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank
First Gulf Bank
Commercial Bank International
Internationally, EIIC has a long term strategic investment in:
Egypt National Petroleum TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai