Dubai to introduce four new bus lines
Dubai, January 12, 2008
The Public Transport Agency (PTA) of the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) will launch four new bus lines in April this year.
The new lines will cover a number of areas in the emirate of Dubai and address the needs of several regions for public service.
'The agency is committed to broaden and develop its services in line with the urban expansion and population growth witnessed by the UAE in general and Dubai in particular,' said CEO of PTA Essa Abdul Rahman Al Dawsary.
Al Dawsary added that the new lines would include C0 which runs from Deira City Centre and up to the Zoo in Jumeira, X23 which runs from the Academic City and up to Al Nahda Area, X35 which runs from the Al Warqaa used up the Green Community and 53 which runs from International City and up to the Mall of the Emirates.
The number of vehicles operating on these lines in the early morning and evening peak hours would be nearly 104 buses.
He pointed out that this step comes within the framework of the strategic plan developed by the RTA for the advancement of the mass transport in Dubai to attract additional commuters so as to reduce traffic congestion on the roads. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo