RTA invites tenders for 1,616 new buses
Dubai, January 21, 2008
The Public Transport Agency (PTA) of the Road and Transport Authority (RTA) of Dubai is inviting international companies to bid for supplying 1,616 new and sophisticated buses to enhance its current fleet.
The new buses are expected to be of different sizes and designs with the highest standards of safety and security, said CEO of PTA Abdurrahman Al Dossari. In addition the buses should be equipped with modern gadgets like loud speakers and internal and external monitors.
The new batch would take RTA’s fleet of buses to 2,500 by 2009 guaranteeing a coverage rate of 95 per cent of the Emirate of Dubai.
"RTA is always committed to provide the best solutions, which are based on the finest modern concepts and strategies used globally in this field. PTA through the purchase of these buses aims to make movement in Dubai that much more easier,” said Al Dossari.
RTA is also planning to build six new stations to accommodate buses in Jebel Ali, Al Qouz, Motor City, Dubai Silicon Oasis, Jebel Ali Airport and Al Qusais. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour