Support sought for small industries
Manama, January 25, 2008
Gulf Petrochemical Industries Company (GPIC) has urged support for downstream and small to medium sized companies in the petrochemical industry.
Speaking at the Gulf Industrialists Conference held in Abu Dhabi GPIC general manager Abdul Rahman Jawahery suggested that more emphasis should be laid on education and training to develop a new generation capable of continuing the development of the current achievements and benefiting from the success of basic industries in the Gulf states.
The strategies adopted by the concerned organisations in the Gulf states for the success of such industries must provide guidance for growth in this field, he added.
The event was held under the theme of the Petrochemical Industry and its Future Vision in the Year 2020.
Jawahery also underlined that the level of feedstock available for the petrochemical industry in the GCC states is not proportionate to the volume of planned production.
He stressed the need for a more effective co-ordination among the GCC states for the appropriate expansion of this vital industry.
He said that GPIC was a model example of successful Gulf co-operation that gave a positive picture to the world about the capabilities of Gulf industrialists and urged investors to take the initiative to invest in the region as called for by the GCC industry ministers. -TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures