OIC takes 30pc stake in pipe project
Muscat, April 13, 2008
Oman Investment Corporation (OIC) has taken a 30 per cent stake in Gulf International Pipe Industries (GIPI) for $30 million, a report said.
GIPI is a prestigious project coming up in Oman’s Sohar Industrial Estate, to produce 250,000 tonnes of line and casing pipes per annum, the Oman Times report said.
The groundbreaking ceremony of the plant will be held on April 15 under the auspices of Sayyid Hilal bin Bader bin Ali Al Busaidi, wali of Sohar.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans