Saudi, Emirates Post discuss new ventures
Dubai, April 21, 2008
A high-level delegation from Saudi Post visited Emirates Post and discussed areas for increased co-operation and new business ventures.
The delegation led by Dr Mohammed Saleh Benten, Saudi Post chairman, met Emirates Post president Abdulla Al Daboo and signed an agreement to launch a new project for cargo movement by road between Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The duo also held talks on various topics including a proposal to open a Saudi unit of electronic document centre (EDC) to handle mail fulfillment jobs and card personalisation.
They also discussed machinery and other equipment required for the implementation of the project.
The duo also discussed the marketing plan to implement new plans and increase co-operation in financial services, including money transfer and remittances through Wall Street Exchange.
Both sides expressed satisfaction over the plan for enhanced financial services. They also discussed a plan to offer the expertise of Emirates Marketing & Promotions (EMP) to Saudi Post.
Fahad Al Hosani, vice president, Emirates Post Group, Ibrahim Karam, CEO of Emirates Post, and Abdullah Al Fan, CEO of strategy & planning affairs, EPG, and CEO of EPG subsidiaries attended the meeting.
Emirates Post felicitated Dr Benten at a special function on being named 'Best Chief Executive in the Middle East' by the Middle East Institute for Excellence in Dubai last month.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai