Saudi, Emirates Post discuss new ventures
Dubai, April 21, 2008
A high-level delegation from Saudi Post visited Emirates Post and discussed areas for increased co-operation and new business ventures.
The delegation led by Dr Mohammed Saleh Benten, Saudi Post chairman, met Emirates Post president Abdulla Al Daboo and signed an agreement to launch a new project for cargo movement by road between Saudi Arabia and the UAE.
The duo also held talks on various topics including a proposal to open a Saudi unit of electronic document centre (EDC) to handle mail fulfillment jobs and card personalisation.
They also discussed machinery and other equipment required for the implementation of the project.
The duo also discussed the marketing plan to implement new plans and increase co-operation in financial services, including money transfer and remittances through Wall Street Exchange.
Both sides expressed satisfaction over the plan for enhanced financial services. They also discussed a plan to offer the expertise of Emirates Marketing & Promotions (EMP) to Saudi Post.
Fahad Al Hosani, vice president, Emirates Post Group, Ibrahim Karam, CEO of Emirates Post, and Abdullah Al Fan, CEO of strategy & planning affairs, EPG, and CEO of EPG subsidiaries attended the meeting.
Emirates Post felicitated Dr Benten at a special function on being named 'Best Chief Executive in the Middle East' by the Middle East Institute for Excellence in Dubai last month.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan