Fertiliser policies analysed
Manama, April 29, 2008
A GPIC delegation led by general manager Abdul Rahman Jawahery returned home from Sao Paolo, Brazil after the meeting of the International Fertiliser Association's technical committee and the IFA technical conference.
The four-day meetings, chaired by Jawahery, witnessed the approval of the new structure of the technical committee proposed by GPIC to activate the new policies related to product quality and concern with safety, health and the environment.
Also reviewed were the committee's projects and the studies undertaken.
GPIC plays an active role in IFA and participates by conducting studies and launching major initiatives on the technical committee as its engineers chair the sub-committees formed by the technical committee.
Attending the conference were more than 200 delegates representing the leading manufacturers of chemical fertilisers in the world.
Discussions dealt with the future of chemical fertilisers and the role they play in providing food and the growing role in securing energy supplies.
The technical committee is currently organising the biggest safety conference to be held in the kingdom in March next year under the patronage of Oil and Gas Affairs Minister and National Oil and Gas Authority chairman Dr Abdulhussain Mirza.
Abdul Rahman Jawahery was elected as chairman of the IFA technical committee in August 2006 during the IFA's Supreme Committee meeting, which was held in Cape Town, South Africa.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans