Dow names new health and safety chief
Dubai, May 5, 2008
The Dow Chemical Company, a leading diversified chemical and plastics company, has appointed Donald Mascarenhas as head for Emergency Services & Security (ES&S) and Environment, Health & Safety (EH&S) Implementation process for the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) region.
Mascarenhas was previously EH&S delivery specialist at The Dow UCAR Emulsions Systems plant in Jebel Ali and recently moved to Dow's Dubai headquarters.
Managing the Employee Health & Safety at the Dow Manufacturing site for the last 18 years, Mascarenhas has gained in-depth knowledge of EH&S requirements and insight into environmental pollution and waste reduction to accomplish recycle, reuse and recovery goals, which support Dow's corporate 2015 Sustainability Goals for the region.
The goals reflect Dow's commitment to the principles of Responsible Care(r) to lead in the development of responsible laws, regulations, standards, practices and procedures that safeguard the community, workplace and environment.
'We welcome Donald to our headquarters where he will play a significant role in Dow's unwavering commitment to protect the environment, health and safety of our workforce, neighbors and the public,' said Shared Services & EH&S Director, India, Middle East & Africa (IMEA), The Dow Chemical Company, Frank Luijckx.
Mascarenhas, an Indian citizen, has lived in Dubai for more than 18 years. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Pentair to set up manufacturing unit in Saudi
- Alba supports major energy summit
- Polysys Additive breaks ground in Kizad
- Qatar non-hydrocarbon economy on the rise
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical firm
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014