Dubai Group buys 49pc stake in Egypt glass firm
Dubai, May 18, 2008
Dubai Group, owned by the emirate, said on Sunday it had acquired a 49-per cent stake in Egypt's Sphinx Glass Company for Dh730 million ($198.8 million) through its subsidiary.
Dubai Capital Group has become the second-largest shareholder in the factory that will produce 220,000 tonnes per year of flat sheets of glass, it said in a statement.
Sphinx Glass is a wholly owned subsidiary of GlassWorks, a firm set up by private equity firm Citadel Capital and other investors, according to the statement.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants