GGICO launches new bitumen firm
Dubai, July 23, 2008
Dubai-based Gulf General Investment Company (GGICO) has opened a new firm in Sharjah named Horizon Energy, for trading in bitumen and manufacturing and sale of other value added bitumen products.
The project will incorporate a 10,550 sq m plant in Khalid Port and have an installed storage capacity of 16,000 tonnes.
Added value products to be manufactured include cut back, oxidised bitumen, primer and membrane, which can be used for road surfacing and roofing felt.
The first raw materials have already been imported from Bahrain.
GGICO deputy managing director Mohamed Ali Al Sari said the company is expecting an annual turnover of Dh400 million ($108.9 million) during its first year.
’We are proud to have this company in our portfolio and are looking to expand our service outside the UAE,’ he says. ’Horizon Energy utilises the latest in cutting edge technology with a focus on quality which ensures demand for our product.’
GGICO is a highly diversified group with business activities in manufacturing, industrial, finance and brokerage, rental real estate, freehold real estate, trading, insurance, retail, service, transport & hospitality. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo