GGICO acquires top engineering firm
Dubai, July 29, 2008
Gulf General Investment Co (GGICO) has acquired the UAE-based Quality International Co, a leading engineering firm in the region.
The company specialises in the manufacturing of process equipment for the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical and paint, power and desalination, water and food processing industries.
Quality International is accredited with ISO 9001:2000 and also with ASME ’U’& ’S’ Stamps and National Board “NB” and ’R’ certifications.
“This acquisition is part of our on-going growth,” commented Mohammed Abdalla Juma Al Sari, managing director of GGICO and the newly appointed chairman of Quality International.
Financial details of the deal have not been revealed.
Quality International specialises in design, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, supply and site installation of process equipments like pressure vessels, reactors and columns, heat exchangers, skids mounted packages, piping system and piping spools and all types of tanks and tank farms.
“Joining with a reputable leading group like GGICO helps us to attain our target to continue growing on a global scale,” added Shashi Ramakrishnan, managing director of Quality International.
GGICO is a Dubai Financial Market listed public shareholding company with widely diversified activities through its 30 subsidiaries and affiliates. The group has interest in manufacturing and industrial, investment and brokerage, real estate, insurance, retail, trading, transport, services and hospitality. –TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export