GGICO acquires top engineering firm
Dubai, July 29, 2008
Gulf General Investment Co (GGICO) has acquired the UAE-based Quality International Co, a leading engineering firm in the region.
The company specialises in the manufacturing of process equipment for the oil and gas, petrochemical, chemical and paint, power and desalination, water and food processing industries.
Quality International is accredited with ISO 9001:2000 and also with ASME ’U’& ’S’ Stamps and National Board “NB” and ’R’ certifications.
“This acquisition is part of our on-going growth,” commented Mohammed Abdalla Juma Al Sari, managing director of GGICO and the newly appointed chairman of Quality International.
Financial details of the deal have not been revealed.
Quality International specialises in design, detailed engineering, procurement, fabrication, supply and site installation of process equipments like pressure vessels, reactors and columns, heat exchangers, skids mounted packages, piping system and piping spools and all types of tanks and tank farms.
“Joining with a reputable leading group like GGICO helps us to attain our target to continue growing on a global scale,” added Shashi Ramakrishnan, managing director of Quality International.
GGICO is a Dubai Financial Market listed public shareholding company with widely diversified activities through its 30 subsidiaries and affiliates. The group has interest in manufacturing and industrial, investment and brokerage, real estate, insurance, retail, trading, transport, services and hospitality. –TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo