Power outage hits Sabic production
Riyadh, July 31, 2008
Production at some of Sabic’s polyethylene and polypropylene plants in Al-Jubail, Saudi Arabia, has been hit by power outages last week, the company said.
Interruption in the power supply leading to power outages last week have led to a slightly reduced rate of production, Sabic said in a statement.
It said the production will return to normal within days.
The statement did not name the plants affected by the power outage.
It said the company’s other manufacturing plants in Al-Jubail and Yanbu producing petrochemicals, other polymers, fertilizers and steel are running normally. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export