Bahrain to host work boat show
Manama, August 28, 2008
The Gulf is now a major centre for the work boat industry with multi-billion dollar offshore land reclamation development projects running concurrently with major oil and gas projects.
With this in mind, Bahrain is to host Work Boat Gulf 2009 covering everything from offshore service vessels, to tugs, ferries and fishing boats.
"Bahrain at this stage will need these types of enterprises, institutions and factories, especially as the country has witnessed rapid residential development in all fields and sectors," said Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
Baird Events is bringing an exciting new show to Bahrain catering specifically to the work boat market in the Gulf.
The passenger ferry market in particular has taken off in recent times, with regional demand for high speed vessels carrying up to 300 passengers on the increase, the organisers said.
Many of the world's leading designers, builders and suppliers of a wide range of work boat equipment have already signed up for Work Boat Gulf 2009.
Work Boat Gulf 2009 will be held from April 6 to 8 at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn