Bahrain to host work boat show
Manama, August 28, 2008
The Gulf is now a major centre for the work boat industry with multi-billion dollar offshore land reclamation development projects running concurrently with major oil and gas projects.
With this in mind, Bahrain is to host Work Boat Gulf 2009 covering everything from offshore service vessels, to tugs, ferries and fishing boats.
"Bahrain at this stage will need these types of enterprises, institutions and factories, especially as the country has witnessed rapid residential development in all fields and sectors," said Industry and Commerce Minister Dr Hassan Fakhro.
Baird Events is bringing an exciting new show to Bahrain catering specifically to the work boat market in the Gulf.
The passenger ferry market in particular has taken off in recent times, with regional demand for high speed vessels carrying up to 300 passengers on the increase, the organisers said.
Many of the world's leading designers, builders and suppliers of a wide range of work boat equipment have already signed up for Work Boat Gulf 2009.
Work Boat Gulf 2009 will be held from April 6 to 8 at the Bahrain International Exhibition Centre. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour
- Alba sponsors CRU aluminium summit
- General Lighting plans Saudi share sale
- Kizad eyes UK investment at aluminium show
- Grace plans $200m UAE fluid cracker JV plant
- Globe Express bolsters Kuwait services