GGICO acquires Lloyds Engg Company
Dubai, September 9, 2008
Gulf General Investment Company (GGICO) has announced the acquisition of Lloyds Engineering Company, a firm specialised in steel fabrication and providing oil-field services.
Equipped with modern technology machinery, Lloyds Engineering Company is located in Ras Al Khor industrial area in Dubai.
As part of expansion, Lloyds is currently building its additional facility in Sharjah and its activities include design, fabrication and erection of steel structure, said a company official.
The Company has a professional and highly qualified workforce achieving its production capacity. Lloyds Engineering is permanently engaged in quality and strict control procedures aiming performance.
Dubai-based conglomerate, GGICO was established in 1973 and is a Dubai Financial Market listed public shareholding company.
A leading conglomerate in the Middle East, GGICO operates through more than 30 subsidiaries and affiliates, widely diversified activities.
The services include manufacturing, industrial, financing and brokerage, insurance, retail, services, trading, transport, hospitality, real estate development and investment in shares and securities.-TraderArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export