GGICO acquires Lloyds Engg Company
Dubai, September 9, 2008
Gulf General Investment Company (GGICO) has announced the acquisition of Lloyds Engineering Company, a firm specialised in steel fabrication and providing oil-field services.
Equipped with modern technology machinery, Lloyds Engineering Company is located in Ras Al Khor industrial area in Dubai.
As part of expansion, Lloyds is currently building its additional facility in Sharjah and its activities include design, fabrication and erection of steel structure, said a company official.
The Company has a professional and highly qualified workforce achieving its production capacity. Lloyds Engineering is permanently engaged in quality and strict control procedures aiming performance.
Dubai-based conglomerate, GGICO was established in 1973 and is a Dubai Financial Market listed public shareholding company.
A leading conglomerate in the Middle East, GGICO operates through more than 30 subsidiaries and affiliates, widely diversified activities.
The services include manufacturing, industrial, financing and brokerage, insurance, retail, services, trading, transport, hospitality, real estate development and investment in shares and securities.-TraderArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event