Ibn Zuhr new unit begins production
Riyadh, October 26, 2008
Saudi Basic Industries Corp said on Sunday an affiliate has started preliminary operations for a new 500,000-tonne a year polypropylene plant in Jubail.
Saudi European Petrochemicals Co, also known as Ibn Zuhr, is expected to start commercial production at the new plant in January 2009, the region's largest chemical producer said in a statement on the bourse website.
Ibn Zuhr now has a production capacity of 1.14 million tonnes of polypropylene per year, Sabic said.
Sabic holds an 80 percent stake in Ibn Zuhr and the remainder is equally shared by Arab Petroleum Investment Corp. and Italy's Ecofuel.- Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai