Ibn Zuhr new unit begins production
Riyadh, October 26, 2008
Saudi Basic Industries Corp said on Sunday an affiliate has started preliminary operations for a new 500,000-tonne a year polypropylene plant in Jubail.
Saudi European Petrochemicals Co, also known as Ibn Zuhr, is expected to start commercial production at the new plant in January 2009, the region's largest chemical producer said in a statement on the bourse website.
Ibn Zuhr now has a production capacity of 1.14 million tonnes of polypropylene per year, Sabic said.
Sabic holds an 80 percent stake in Ibn Zuhr and the remainder is equally shared by Arab Petroleum Investment Corp. and Italy's Ecofuel.- Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved