Star Cement to pump $200m in RAK unit
Dubai, November 11, 2008
Star Cement Co has planned to invest Dh730 million ($200 million) in a state-of-the-art clinkerisation manufacturing unit in Ras Al Khaimah, a report said.
The unit, owned by the giant ETA Ascon Star Group, will have a production capacity of 6,500 tonnes of clinker per day, according to the Gulf News.
The energy efficient and environment friendly unit will be ready by February next year.
It will be able to produce 2.2 million metric tonnes of clinker per annum and will supply the much-required clinker for the company's cement grinding plants in Abu Dhabi and Ajman, which were earlier heavily dependent on clinker imports.
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans