Industry leaders for GPCA Forum
Dubai, November 27, 2008
The global financial crisis will be a key topic for discussion as industry leaders gather at the third annual GPCA Forum.
The event is being organised by the GPCA and co-organised by Chemical Week from December 2 to 4, 2008, at Atlantis, The Palm, Dubai.
Attendees at the Middle East’s largest petrochemicals conference will have much to discuss as the global economic crisis has exacerbated the cyclical decline which was already forecast for late 2008, said an official.
Industry leaders will focus on ways of tackling the difficult times ahead even as several global producers report year-over-year demand declines of 20 per cent or more.
One of the speakers on the opening day, managing director, HSBC Securities (USA) Inc, Hassan Ahmed will make a thought-provoking presentation titled “The Financial Crisis: Where Does the Global Chemical Sector Go from Here?”
The impact of a steep downturn in the petrochemical cycle will also be addressed as part of other sessions throughout the program agenda.
“The world-class agenda that we have developed for this year’s GPCA Forum delivers the scope and depth of content on the most pressing issues facing our marketplace, especially the turmoil in financial markets around the world,” said secretary general of GPCA Abdullah S Bin Zaid Al Hagbani.
“This GPCA Forum offers a comprehensive program of timely, relevant general sessions that have been designed to address the issues affecting today’s global petrochemicals industry.”
Chairman of GPCA and vice-chairman and CEO, Sabic, Mohamed Al-Mady will make the welcome address to the delegates on the inaugural day. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event
- Aramex launches new address check system
- Toshiba in green push at Bahrain expo
- Equate net profit surges 14pc to $1.2bn
- Shaikh Daij named new Alba chairman
- Al Abbas wins logistics rights to Sudan
- Milaha profits jump 14pc to top $260m
- BIC, Al Zayani renew partnership
- Dubai Metro to open 2 stations Saturday
- Top petchem firms back UAE plastics events
- DGCX, China’s DCE launch plastics futures