Excellence award for Alba
Manama, December 26, 2008
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), the largest modern aluminium smelter in the world, has received the GCC Excellence Award in nationalisation.
The award was presented during the 25th annual meeting of GCC Labour Ministers held in Doha.
The award was presented by Qatari Labour Minister Sultan bin Hassan Al Doseri to Alba deputy chief executive Mahmood Daylami in the presence of Alba general manager administration Wajd Al Madani.
Alba was recognised for its pioneering role in the region in terms of nationalisation.
Its efforts in increasing Bahrainisation levels and human resources development in Bahrain won praise.
'We are greatly honoured to be recognised among other major companies in Bahrain,' said Daylami.
'This award is added to Alba's series of achievements in human resources, Bahrainisation, and training.'
'Selecting Alba to be awarded by the general secretariat of the GCC proves its success over the past years,' Alba chief executive Ahmed Saleh Al Noaimi said.
'The award also recognises Its efforts in recruitment, training, and human resources development, its outstanding Bahrainisation levels that reached 90 per cent, which is the highest among the major companies in Bahrain,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans