Excellence award for Alba
Manama, December 26, 2008
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), the largest modern aluminium smelter in the world, has received the GCC Excellence Award in nationalisation.
The award was presented during the 25th annual meeting of GCC Labour Ministers held in Doha.
The award was presented by Qatari Labour Minister Sultan bin Hassan Al Doseri to Alba deputy chief executive Mahmood Daylami in the presence of Alba general manager administration Wajd Al Madani.
Alba was recognised for its pioneering role in the region in terms of nationalisation.
Its efforts in increasing Bahrainisation levels and human resources development in Bahrain won praise.
'We are greatly honoured to be recognised among other major companies in Bahrain,' said Daylami.
'This award is added to Alba's series of achievements in human resources, Bahrainisation, and training.'
'Selecting Alba to be awarded by the general secretariat of the GCC proves its success over the past years,' Alba chief executive Ahmed Saleh Al Noaimi said.
'The award also recognises Its efforts in recruitment, training, and human resources development, its outstanding Bahrainisation levels that reached 90 per cent, which is the highest among the major companies in Bahrain,' he said.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai