DIP wins transport safety award
Dubai , January 10, 2009
Dubai Investments Park (DIP) has been adjudged a winner of Transport Safety award at the Dubai Award for Sustained transport organized by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA).
DIP is one-of-its-kind mixed-use industrial, business and residential development which is a subsidiary of Dubai Investments Company.
The Transport Safety is one of the three categories in the Dubai Award for Sustained Transport, the other two categories being Management and Streamlining of Mobility Operations and Conservation of Environment.
This award, RTA said, was in recognition of an organization’s initiatives and practices to increase the safety and security awareness levels of commuters in UAE and its commitment towards promoting safe and smooth transport for all.
DIP was selected as one of the winners from a number of entries in the private, government and semi-government sectors across UAE.
The award was presented by Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, crown prince of Dubai and chairman of the Executive Council of Dubai, to Omar Al Mesmar, general manager of DIP at a ceremony held at the Monarch Hotel in Dubai.
Commenting on winning the award, Al Mesmar said, "We are honoured to receive this coveted and prestigious award. At DIP, we believe in not only creating quality lifestyles through our properties, but we are also committed to assuring the safety of the communities that we create and the society that we live in."
"Our conscious efforts to promote safe and secure transport in Dubai has been one of our key initiatives at the corporate social responsibility level and has been a huge success, as reflected by the award."
"We are also thankful to our partners, RTA and Dubai Police who supported us in our transport safety initiatives," he added.
During Ramadan, DIP launched “Drive slow People fast” traffic safety campaign in collaboration with Dubai Police and RTA received a huge response.
The RTA Dubai award for Sustained Transport aims at re-asserting the leading role of RTA in enforcing the relationship and co operative spirits with all strategic partners in the field of transport, safety and conservation of environment, enhancing sustainable transport.
It seeks to promote the awareness, sense of responsibility and initiative spirit among all segments of community, mainly at the corporate level.
Dubai Investments Park, the wholly-owned subsidiary of Dubai Investments, is a self-sustaining city within a city, spread across an area of 32 million sq m consisting of three zones – Industrial, Commercial, Residential and Educational.
The numerous projects undertaken at the DIP have been designed to complement each other in a community-themed master plan that provides for all aspects and requirements of a typical flourishing society.
DIP is only minutes away from important business destinations, and can be accessed from Emirates Road and Sheikh Zayed Road.
DIP also boasts of extensive facilities including mosques, landscaping, health clinics, a cricket ground, a football ground, shopping centres, a well-planned road network, ATM machines, state-of-the-art telecommunications services, and a fire-fighting network.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai