Zamil Industrial wins top award
Riyadh, January 29, 2009
Zamil Industrial Investment Company has won the second place in the Saudi Responsible Competitiveness Index Award at the 2009 Global Competitiveness Forum in Riyadh.
Hosted by the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (Sagia), the Global Competitiveness Forum is an annual meeting of top business executives, international political leaders, selected intellectuals and academics who share an interest in global competitiveness.
The award confirms Zamil's ongoing investment into its ethical business practices across its regional and international operations and highlights the moves being made by companies such as Zamil Industrial to champion the need for Saudi companies to invest in responsible and competitive business practices.
'Increasingly businesses around the world are beginning to realize that they need to operate in a responsible manner, investing in the long-term and helping to create enterprises that will generate value for shareholders, employees and communities,' said Dr Abdulraham A Al Zamil, chairman of the Board, Zamil Industrial.
'Initiatives such as the Saudi Responsible Competitiveness Index are crucial tools in helping to create an environment of responsible business practices across Saudi Arabia.'
The Saudi Responsible Competitiveness Index (Sarci) is an initiative of the Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority and is part of its strategy to make Saudi Arabia one of the top 10 most competitive economies by 2010.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export