UAE ship 'not missing' in Somali waters
Dubai, February 4, 2009
United Arab Emirates-based Al Rashid Shipping Dubai denied on Wednesday a report one of its vessels was missing in Somali waters and said it was docked in Mogadishu port.
A Kenyan maritime official had told Reuters on Tuesday it had been reported a ship owned by the company could be missing.
"The ship is not missing. It is in the port of Mogadishu and has been there for two months with all the crew," a company official, who identified himself as Abu Ahmad, told Reuters.
"Some of the cargo is damaged, and there is an insurance claim being processed. It takes some time." -Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn