Shaw Group wins Saudi project
Los Angeles, March 21, 2009
The US-based Shaw Group has won a contract to provide the front end engineering design (FEED) services for a petrochemical plant in Saudi Arabia.
The company’s Energy & Chemicals Group will provide the services to the grassroots 200,000 tonnes per year acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) plant being built by the Arabian Petrochemical Company.
The plant will be located in Jubail. Shaw also is providing procurement services for long lead equipment for the plant, said a statement.
The value of Shaw's contract was not disclosed.
Sabic Innovative Plastics Technologies (formerly GE Plastics Global Technology) is providing the emulsion ABS technology for this project.
“This contract marks the third recent ABS project awarded to Shaw, continuing the strategic expansion of our polymer technology experience,” said Lou Pucher, president of Shaw’s Energy & Chemicals Group.
As previously announced, Shaw also is providing technology, front end engineering and select procurement services for two 200,000 tonnes per year ABS plants for Tianjin Dagu Chemical Industry Co., Ltd. in Tianjin, China.
The Shaw Group Inc. is a leading global provider of technology, engineering, procurement, construction, maintenance, fabrication, manufacturing, consulting, remediation and facilities management services for government and private sector clients in the energy, chemicals, environmental, infrastructure and emergency response markets. -BusinessWire
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- ADPC to take over UAE port operations
- Carlyle readies $3bn sale of chemical company
- Firm plans to bring super jumbo jet to Bahrain
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc