Flowserve, Al Rushaid open large pump facility
Riyadh, March 22, 2009
Flowserve Corporation and Al Rushaid Group have opened the region's largest pump manufacturing, repair and testing facility in Saudi Arabia.
“We are very pleased to work with Flowserve to open this facility, which is designed to support major customers within Saudi Arabia and the surrounding Arabian Gulf Countries,” said Sheikh Abdullah Al Rushaid, chairman, Al Rushaid Group.
'Together with Flowserve, we will help customers optimise plant uptime and develop ways to control their operating, maintenance and related costs.'
The facility is designed to support customers in the oil and gas, petrochemical, power, water, desalination, chemical and other industries.
'This state-of-the-art, robust facility helps us deliver outstanding service to our Middle East customers – its scope, size and capabilities are unmatched in the region,” said Lewis Kling, president and chief, Flowserve Corporation.
A key component of the facility is the region’s largest, most capable hydraulics test facility, which is capable of certified testing to both API and international standards, for both horizontal and vertical pumps. The facility will allow customers to verify equipment performance, or diagnose and correct problems.
Future expansion plans include the Middle East's first hydraulics training centre, which will feature state-of-the-art classrooms, along with static and dynamic laboratories.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Yokogawa wins big order for Saudi desal plant
- Alba on track for record year
- App-controlled car booking to launch in Riyadh
- Bike sharing system launched at Gulf Traffic
- UAE-China trade surges 14pc
- Oman Oil Company unit plans industrial gas JV
- Etihad Cargo implements XML standard
- DI subsidiaries shine at ‘Made in UAE’ expo
- GAC unveils new hull cleaning solution
- Cathay to operate cargo from Al Maktoum airport