Bahrain Ship Repairing net rises 62pc
Manama, March 30, 2009
Bahrain Ship Repairing and Engineering Company recorded a profit of BD3.7 million ($9.82 million) last year, a 62 per cent increase over the same period in 2007.
The company is offering dividend worth BD480,000, 70 per cent of paid-up capital to its shareholders.
Chairman Mubarak Kanoo said the company's profitability is at its highest level since it was launched 45 years ago, as the company managed to attract new ship owners in the Gulf area, our sister paper Akhbar Al Khaleej reported.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend