Agility win $1.4bn US defence deal
Kuwait, May 30, 2009
Kuwaiti logistics provider Agility said on Saturday it had won a contract worth up to $1.4 billion with the US Defense Logistics Agency (DLA).
Under the deal, Agility will supply and distribute food and non-food products to the U.S forces in Iraq, it said in a statement.
'The total maximum value for the 18 month contract extension period is $1.4 billion,' Agility said.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export