GAC wins top honours at Scata
Dubai, June 7, 2009
Global shipping and logistics services provider GAC was a three-time winner at the third annual Supply Chain & Transport Awards (Scata).
The company received the ‘Outstanding Achievement of the Year’, ‘3PL Provider of the Year” and ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ titles at the premier awards event for the Middle East logistics industry.
The awards were organised by the prominent supply chain and transportation publications of ITP, a leading business and consumer magazine publisher in the Middle East.
It is being given in recognition of industry leaders and newcomers who have made a significant contribution to the development of the region’s supply chain sector by investing in technology, implementing winning strategies and investing in time and resources to ensure that the regional industry meets and exceeds international standards.
The winners in 17 categories, selected by an independent panel consisting of renowned industry figures, received their awards at a ceremony in Dubai.
Dan Hjalmarsson, GAC’s regional director for the Middle East, sais it was a historic achievement as the company was recognised in three competitive categories.
He attributes the success to GAC’s continuing investment in and commitment to its Corporate Social Responsibility programme and new business initiatives, despite the challenges of the economic downturn.
“These accolades are testament to our contribution as an all-rounded industry leader,” he adds. “We wish thank both our customers and the judges of the Supply Chain and Transport Awards for this important recognition,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth