GAC wins top honours at Scata
Dubai, June 7, 2009
Global shipping and logistics services provider GAC was a three-time winner at the third annual Supply Chain & Transport Awards (Scata).
The company received the ‘Outstanding Achievement of the Year’, ‘3PL Provider of the Year” and ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ titles at the premier awards event for the Middle East logistics industry.
The awards were organised by the prominent supply chain and transportation publications of ITP, a leading business and consumer magazine publisher in the Middle East.
It is being given in recognition of industry leaders and newcomers who have made a significant contribution to the development of the region’s supply chain sector by investing in technology, implementing winning strategies and investing in time and resources to ensure that the regional industry meets and exceeds international standards.
The winners in 17 categories, selected by an independent panel consisting of renowned industry figures, received their awards at a ceremony in Dubai.
Dan Hjalmarsson, GAC’s regional director for the Middle East, sais it was a historic achievement as the company was recognised in three competitive categories.
He attributes the success to GAC’s continuing investment in and commitment to its Corporate Social Responsibility programme and new business initiatives, despite the challenges of the economic downturn.
“These accolades are testament to our contribution as an all-rounded industry leader,” he adds. “We wish thank both our customers and the judges of the Supply Chain and Transport Awards for this important recognition,” he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Extrusions unveils key techniques at Italy show
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans