Safco appoints new managing director
Riyadh, July 15, 2009
Saudi Fertilizers Co (Safco) said on Wednesday managing director Abdul-Aziz Al-Majed would step down and be replaced by Fahad Al-Otaibi.
The announcement comes after the urea and ammonia producer posted on Saturday a 60 percent drop in second-quarter profit, the sharpest of three straight falls in quarterly earnings due to a fall in global prices.
Safco said Majed would step down on July 31 when his term as managing director ended, Safco said in a statement posted on the bourse's website. It also did not say if Majed would remain at the company.
Saudi Basic Industries Corp holds a near 43 percent stake in Safco. - Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production
- Harris Pye opens Dubai office
- 14pc UAE GDP 'comes from logistics'
- Maersk plans to double freight charges
- GB Auto boosted by record sales revenues
- Dutch shipyard to build 14 terminal tugs for KOC
- Drydocks chairman gets top honour