Gulf Navigation appoints new CFO
Dubai, July 25, 2009
Gulf Navigation Holding, a leading group in maritime and shipping services has announced the appointment of Khalid Karim as its new chief financial officer.
Khalid brings to Gulf Navigation over 30 years of tremendous depth of experience in major oil & gas and shipping companies in senior finance roles, said a company statement.
He joins the company as it enters a new phase in its substantial expansionary plan where he will assist the company in its continuing growth strategy.
A chartered accountant and Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales- Khalid held the post of Group CFO at Emirates National Oil Company (Enoc) where he was directly involved in its shipping companies for over 10 years.
He had previously worked as chief internal auditor at Abu Dhabi National Oil Company (Adnoc), and as finance manger of Petromin Shell Refinery Company.
Commenting on the appointment, Per Wistoft, CEO, Gulf Navigation Holding, said: "We are very pleased to see Khalid Karim joining our company. His quality and experience will help us in the continued process of producing sustainable growth and creating shareholder value."
"He will additionally strengthen our management team and add value in optimizing our processes."
Gulf Navigation and its group companies own and operate crude, clean petroleum product and chemical tankers. It is an ISO 9001:2000 certified, Dubai-based and UAE Holding Entity with operations worldwide.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export