Agility wins US warehousing contract again
Dubai, August 26, 2009
Agility Defense & Government Services announced that the Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) renewed its contract for warehouse and distribution services at the Defense Distribution Center, Kuwait/Southwest Asia (DDKS).
Under the one-year follow-on award, Agility DGS, a global provider of supply chain solutions, will use its extensive facilities in Kuwait to provide DLA with a complete warehouse management system to support operations in the Middle East and Southwest Asia.
DLA originally awarded Agility DGS a one-year DDKS contract in 2005. Each year since, Agility DGS has won the right to handle the work. The potential value of the DDKS awards is $214 million over five years.
'We are gratified to have earned the confidence of DLA based on our record of outstanding performance since 2005,' said Dan Mongeon, president and chief of Agility DGS.
The DDKS contract extends Agility's record of successful performance for the DLA, which includes recent awards of long-term contracts for heavy equipment and transport services in Iraq and Kuwait, along with supply and distribution of food and other products for the US military in Iraq.
Agility DGS has also recently won contracts to manage repair parts supplies at the Tobyhanna Army Depot in Pennsylvania and bulk-fuel supplies for the US military on US Air Force installations in Guam, Japan, South Korea, Portugal, Germany and Turkey.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects