Alba, Bahrain varsity discuss cooperation
Manama, October 19, 2009
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), a leading modern aluminium smelter, and the University of Bahrain (UoB) recently discussed possible areas of cooperation through joint projects and research work.
Alba chief operation officer Mohamed Mahmood expressed interest in strengthening relations between the research and development sections at Alba and UoB.
He added that there is plan to establish a joint information centre, which will serve as a reference for research and training purposes for the entire aluminium industries in the GCC.
“Co-operation with such an internationally renowned company as Alba through projects that require technical expertise will certainly add value to the university, in general, and to the college of engineering, in particular,” said Dr Nader Al Bastaki, dean of the college of engineering at UoB.
“This will definitely enhance the experience of our students, and will be in line with the position of the university as one of the leading educational organisations in Bahrain and Alba as one of the leading industrial companies in Bahrain,” he continued.
“The research and development department at Alba was set up to reflect Bahrain’s Economic Vision 2030’s emphasis on promoting sustainability and competitiveness. The department is concerned with introducing innovativeness within the organisation through trained Bahraini workforce in order to achieve projects of high profitability in the long term,” Dr Al Bastaki concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Record line-up seen for Gulf Industry Fair
- Turkish firm eyes Iran petchem business
- Cavotec showcases at Dubai logistics expo
- Ecuador to boost UAE non-oil exports
- Alba moves to cloud with Microsoft
- Etihad Cargo posts record freight in Q4
- Dabbagh plans stake sale in lubricants arm
- Saudi Alkhabeer buys key stake in UAE packaging firm
- Kaloti breaks ground on Dubai gold refinery
- Drydocks World creates history in heavy lifts