Alba, Bahrain varsity discuss cooperation
Manama, October 19, 2009
Aluminium Bahrain (Alba), a leading modern aluminium smelter, and the University of Bahrain (UoB) recently discussed possible areas of cooperation through joint projects and research work.
Alba chief operation officer Mohamed Mahmood expressed interest in strengthening relations between the research and development sections at Alba and UoB.
He added that there is plan to establish a joint information centre, which will serve as a reference for research and training purposes for the entire aluminium industries in the GCC.
“Co-operation with such an internationally renowned company as Alba through projects that require technical expertise will certainly add value to the university, in general, and to the college of engineering, in particular,” said Dr Nader Al Bastaki, dean of the college of engineering at UoB.
“This will definitely enhance the experience of our students, and will be in line with the position of the university as one of the leading educational organisations in Bahrain and Alba as one of the leading industrial companies in Bahrain,” he continued.
“The research and development department at Alba was set up to reflect Bahrain’s Economic Vision 2030’s emphasis on promoting sustainability and competitiveness. The department is concerned with introducing innovativeness within the organisation through trained Bahraini workforce in order to achieve projects of high profitability in the long term,” Dr Al Bastaki concluded. – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai