ABB brings power-saving industrial drives to ME
Dubai, October 22, 2009
ABB (Asea Brown Boveri), the leading power and automation group, has launched a new line of industrial drives modules designed especially for the region’s OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) and system integrators.
ABB’s new ACS850 industrial drives are robust yet flexible AC drives that can be easily configured to meet the needs of various industries, especially process industry segments such as pulp and paper, mining, cement, as well as chemical and oil and gas. These drives (1.1kW up to 500 kW) can also be used for applications such as cranes, winders and mixers.
“ABB’s new ACS850 is the first industrial drive range from ABB that has been designed with OEMs and panel builders in mind. This means these customers can build their own, customised drive solutions while reaping the benefits of proven ABB drive technology,' said Aki Maenpaa, ABB local business unit manager for drives and motors in the Gulf.
'ABB is well aware that energy efficiency is a top priority for our customers, which is why we have now added an energy savings calculator on all our new drives, including this new range. The calculator is the latest in a comprehensive range of tools that enables ABB customers to take maximum advantage of the extensive energy savings to be made by using ABB drives to control the speed of industrial motors and machines.'
The built-in calculators continuously measure in kilowatt-hours and megawatt-hours precisely how much energy the drive has consumed since installation and – more importantly – how much energy the drive has saved in relation to the preceding method of flow control.
ABB’s installed base of low-voltage AC drives is the largest in the world and has already saved an estimated 170 terawatt-hours of electric power. This is enough to meet the annual needs of 42 million households in the European Union and reduce global CO2 emissions by some 140 million tons a year, equivalent to the yearly emissions of more than 35 million cars.
ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs more than 120,000 people.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV