Dow Corning denies Mideast plant report
Manama, October 27, 2009
Dow Corning has denied a report that the company planned to establish a $1 billion silicon plant in the Middle East.
The company has no current plans to build a manufacturing facility in the Middle East, however it has established a Middle East headquarters and commercial entity in Bahrain last week, a company statement said.
Dow Corning was reacting to a Reuters report yesterday, which said the US-based firm was planning to build a new silicon manufacturing plant in the Middle East, its fourth worldwide, with a value that will exceed $1 billion.
Dow Corning is one of the largest silicon manufacturers in the world, with plants in the United States, Britain and China.
Silicon is used in a wide range of industries including textiles, real estate construction, makeup products and the auto industry. - TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Tata Steel rules out EU assets sale
- Egyptian firm Maridive inks $150m Islamic loan
- GPIC marks work safety milestone
- Sabic unveils green plastics for construction
- Sabic opens new facilities in Jubail
- Asry plans multimillion dollar floating dock
- TNT unveils new communication unit in Oman
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai