Gulf Industry Forum draws top speakers
Manama, November 12, 2009
A panel of acclaimed regional and international business leaders and industrialists will gather in Bahrain in January to take part in a top forum dedicated to the Gulf’s industrial sector.
The Gulf Industry Forum will take place on January 12, 2010, the first day of the annual Gulf Industry Fair (GIF) at the Bahrain International Exhibition and Convention Centre in Manama. GIF will run concurrently from January 12 to 14.
Speakers at the forum -- entitled ‘The Future is Industry’ and which brings together a unique blend of business and government -- will look at the catalyst of economic prosperity around the world and examine how the industrial sector can emerge from recession and help increase the gross domestic product (GDP) in Gulf countries.
Topics will include The Role of Governments in Encouraging Industry; Raw Materials and Commodities: the Building Blocks of Industrial Growth; Energy and Power; Financing Industrial Development and Manufacturing; Islamic Finance or Private Equity Placements for Business Expansion; and Market Innovation and New Products.
GIF organisers Hilal Conferences & Exhibitions (HCE) will partner leading international event consultancy North Star Associates to bring the Gulf Industry Forum to Bahrain for the first time. The forum will be held under the patronage of Dr Hassan Fakhro, Minister of Industry and Commerce, Bahrain.
North Star Associates has an impressive track record of involvement in organising high profile global events including Jeddah Economic Forum, the Libya Oil & Gas Show, the Women in Business International Forums and recent road shows in the UK and Germany for the Bahrain General Organisation of Seaports (GOP). These events attracted high calibre speakers including former US president Bill Clinton, Turkish Prime Minister Recep Erdogan, Queen Rania of Jordan and UK’s Secretary of State Lord Peter Mandelson.
Speaking about the forum, Jubran Abdulrahman, managing director, HCE, said: “HCE is excited about the dimension that North Star’s involvement will bring to Gulf Industry Fair. The forum will be a major regional event highlighting and examining economic opportunities specifically available in the industrial sector, and perfectly complements the fair.”
Ahmed Suleiman, managing partner, North Star Associates, said: “Many of the forum’s speakers and delegates are top industrialists looking to invest in the Gulf and exchange expertise, knowledge and business opportunities. For the first time in the region there will be a strong industry focus from the world’s economic and industrial powerhouses. The response so far from prospective speakers has been very supportive and encouraging.”
Ronnie Middleton, managing director, Al Hilal Publishing and Marketing Group, said: “The Gulf’s growing industrial development has seen Gulf Industry Fair evolve as an innovative marketplace to promote products and meet with customers. The fair highlights the fact that a strong economy is built around manufacturing, industry and innovation. As some Western economies are finding out people need wealth to drive the demand for service economies and this wealth comes from industry. This is what is so unique and special about the fair.” – TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV
- Major maritime conference to be held in Dubai
- GPIC wins key IFA certification
- Gulf rules must aid e-commerce: Aramex
- Gulftainer expands 2013 ops by 50pc
- DMCA to take part in Dubai boat show
- Al Namal to launch eco-friendly chillers
- Abu Dhabi city ports to receive facelift
- Kuwait Styrene posts $180m net profit
- Drydocks set for key energy event