Italy's Danieli to build steel plant for Sabic
Riyadh, November 15, 2009
Saudi Basic Industries Corp's (Sabic) affiliate Hadeed said on Sunday it had signed a deal with Italian foundry equipment maker Danieli for the construction of a steel plant in Saudi Arabia.
The plant would have a production capacity for steel billets of 1 million tonnes per year, Hadeed said in a statement posted on the Saudi bourse website.
The project would begin in the second half of 2012, the statement said.
Sabic controls 100 percent of Hadeed.
In August, Danieli was awarded the contract to build a 800 million riyal steel ($213.3 million) plant for Al-Rajhi Steel, one of Saudi Arabia's three largest steel companies. -Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn
- Safco to pay $1.6 per share cash dividend
- UAE ranked 17th globally for merchandise export
- Investments in Saudi plastics sector hit $50bn
- Asry Bahrain overhaul plan approved
- DHL Mena chief wins top honour
- Dubai Investments unit wins $38m projects