Italy's Danieli to build steel plant for Sabic
Riyadh, November 15, 2009
Saudi Basic Industries Corp's (Sabic) affiliate Hadeed said on Sunday it had signed a deal with Italian foundry equipment maker Danieli for the construction of a steel plant in Saudi Arabia.
The plant would have a production capacity for steel billets of 1 million tonnes per year, Hadeed said in a statement posted on the Saudi bourse website.
The project would begin in the second half of 2012, the statement said.
Sabic controls 100 percent of Hadeed.
In August, Danieli was awarded the contract to build a 800 million riyal steel ($213.3 million) plant for Al-Rajhi Steel, one of Saudi Arabia's three largest steel companies. -Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Hilco plans sale of seafood unit equipment
- Alessa unveils Qatar expansion plans
- Intermetal to build $20m furniture factory in Dubai
- Bahri wins top Arab shipping award
- Dubai Metro carries 33.3m commuters in Q1
- Sudan to sell stakes in four sugar plants
- Sabic sponsors industrial innovation award
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top carrier award
- Maaden reopens phosphate, ammonia plants
- GCC exports over 80pc of petchem production