Dow's Dubai facility earns three EH&S honours
Dubai, December 9, 2009
Dow Coating Materials production facility based in Dubai has been recognised for its commitment to Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) best practice with three top Dow Vice Presidents safety awards.
Dow was also recently awarded the Gulf Petrochemicals HSE Leadership and Innovation Award.
The three awards that the production unit received included the LOPC Reduction award, Safety Performance award and the Process safety award. The site earned the Safety Performance award for achieving a zero recordable injury/illness rate and a zero severity rate in 2008. The Process Safety award and LOPC Reduction award were given to the Dubai facility for working 2 million man hours without a Process Safety Event in 2008 and a significant reduction in LOPC events respectively.
“It is indeed a matter of pride for us to receive these coveted awards, which are a testament of the stringent EH&S standards implemented by Dow at its facilities not only in the region, but also world over,” said Earl Shipp, president Dow Chemical IMEA GmbH.
“Our commitment to develop and implement the highest safety standards in all our operations is reflected in both our 2015 Sustainability Goals and the ''Drive to Zero'' initiative and is intrinsic to everything we do. By adopting a zero tolerance to incidents approach we ensure the well being of our valued employees, while increasing our productivity in a sustainable manner.”
The Dow Coating Materials production facility in Jebel Ali supports Dow’s Performance Chemicals and Plastics business, specifically Dow Coating Solutions – Architectural SL.
The facility has 33 dedicated employees and 37 full time contractors who are spread across a diverse spectrum of activities.
The product mix includes Synthetic latex used for paint application, adhesives and cement admixtures with a wide applications portfolio that includes solvents, intermediates, monomers, industrial performance chemicals and specialty chemicals.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Carlyle sells stake in Saudi lighting firm to Philips
- Alba receives top UK honour
- Legalising timber products trading in focus
- Experts to discuss aviation issues at Abu Dhabi summit
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth