Abu Dhabi MAR to buy Hellenic Shipyards stake
Berlin, December 19, 2009
German steelmaker ThyssenKrupp said that shipbuilding group Abu Dhabi MAR is the preferred bidder to buy a majority stake in its indebted Greek shipbuilding unit Hellenic Shipyards (HSY).
'There were five offers and four did not fulfil the requirements,' a company spokeswoman said.
Thyssenkrupp decided to sell HSY earlier this year, after a dispute with the Greek government over a lifeline submarine building order left the dockyards strapped of cash.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- A. Schulman announces changes in EMEA team
- Abraaj buys into Turkish dairy firm Yorsan
- Morocco revives plan to sell stake in port operator
- Sabic opens new $126m research facility
- UAE women entrepreneurs set for growth
- Major cruise liner docks at Abu Dhabi port
- MAG boosts Iraq shipping capacity by 60pc
- Sabic to distribute $2.4bn dividends in H2
- Pearl diving 'regains popularity' in Bahrain
- AerCap to buy AIG aircraft leasing unit for $5.4bn