New clearing facility opened at Jebel Ali port
Dubai, January 19, 2010
DP World, UAE Region has joined hands with Dubai Customs and Dubai Municipality to provide speedier clearance of cargo through a dedicated inspection facility at the main gate 3 in Jebel Ali port.
The container trucks and other commercial vehicles exiting from DP World, UAE Region’s Jebel Ali Port and Jebel Ali Free Zone will be now able to use the Main Gate 3 following the official opening of an expansive, integrated clearing facility on Monday.
The new complex, spread over 88,906 sq m, has been designed to facilitate quicker movement of cargo-laden vehicles by bringing together various departments and clearing authorities, such as the DP World Documentation Section for issuance of e-gate passes, Dubai Customs for goods inspection and Dubai Municipality Food Control to check imported food items, before they are released into the local market.
The new complex, with a built up area of 7,168 sq m, was inaugurated in the presence of Mohammed Sharaf, CEO of DP World, Mohammed Al Muallem, SVP and managing director of DP World (UAE Region), Talal Al Hashemi, managing director of EZW UAE Region, Ahmed Mahboob Musabih, executive director of Customer Management Division (Dubai Customs) and Khalid Sharif, director of Food Control Department (Dubai Municipality).
The new-look Gate 3 complex provides parking space for 188 trucks and pick-up vehicles, including 30 inspection bays for container trucks plus 28 inspection bays for pick-up vehicles used by Dubai Customs.
There are also another 29 inspection bays for container trucks to be used by Dubai Municipality in a separate area within the complex.
A 3-storey building accommodates DP World, UAE Region and Dubai Customs offices, while a nearby 2-storey block provides 1,586 sq m of space for materials detained by Dubai Customs.
The Gate 3 Complex has two lanes for vehicles to enter the facility, and three exit lanes that lead directly to Dubai’s arterial road network in addition to one more exit lane for returning to Jebel Ali Free Zone.
"The improved and integrated clearance services established at the new Gate 3 Complex are designed to facilitate secure, reliable and increasingly fast movement of containers and other cargo through Jebel Ali Port," Al Muallem said.
"DP World, UAE Region is delighted to work in close co-operation with Dubai Customs and Dubai Municipality to ensure that our customers spend minimal time at the gate," he added.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV