PET summit targets boosting production
Casablanca, January 30, 2010
An upcoming PET conference will provide an update on Middle East PET production post-downturn, and how the emerging African markets bolster the growth of the Middle East PET sector.
The 11th Middle East & Africa PET (Polyethylene Terephthalate) Conference will take place on March 1 and 2 in Casablanca, Morocco.
Worldwide PET capacity has been forecasted to grow 4.3 per cent from 2009 -2013, and the Middle East has the largest growth forecast at 9.3 per cent. African market is also projected to grow by approximately 6 per cent.
The invited speaker panel will provide in-depth coverage on:
• Global supply/demand PET trends & landscape - A year after the crisis
• African markets outlook – East, West, North & South Africa
• Emergence of Middle East as strategic supplier to Africa
• Raw material challenges and market determinants of PX/PTA prices
• Implications of the proposed anti-dumping duties in EU on Middle East producers
The conference will also feature sessions by leading PET end users on emerging trends and packaging innovations, topics on innovations in lightweighting, closures, barriers and energy efficiency plus a session outlining supply chain management and logistics challenges of shipping PET into Africa. – TradeArabia News Service