Dubai Silicon Oasis eyes Synopsys tieup
Dubai, February 23, 2010
Dubai Silicon Oasis, a premier integrated innovations hub for high-tech industries, hosted a high-ranking delegation from Synopsys, a leader in electronic design automation (EDA)to explore technology development opportunities for the region.
Headquartered in Mountain View, California, with more than 65 offices located across North America, Europe, Japan, Asia and India, Synopsys offers designers and manufacturers a comprehensive integrated portfolio of implementation, verification, IP, manufacturing and FPGA solutions.
The company has already been providing Dubai Circuit Design (DCD) Centre at DSO with EDA tools for various award winning chip designs.
Dr Mohammed Al Zarouni, vice chairman & CEO of DSOA received the Synopsys delegation led by chairman and CEO Aart de Geus. The team members also included John Chilton, senior vice president of marketing and business development, and Christian Mahler, director of sales.
Discussions focused on developing and strengthening the collaboration between DSOA and Synopsys to enhance the technology industry in Dubai, particularly chip design at Dubai Circuit Design Center (DCD), the region’s first design centre for the physical implementation of advanced integrated circuits and fully owned by DSOA.
Dr Al Zarouni said the Dubai Silicon Oasis was constantly exploring methods to expand the business portfolio and enhance productivity within the technology sector in the UAE.
'Leading players such as Synopsys have a crucial role in this endeavor and we believe the synergy resulting from this partnership will help us achieve significant milestones that will positively impact the industry in the region,' he observed.
Aart de Geus described the meeting with officials at Dubai Silicon Oasis as insightful. 'As the region continues to develop its technology sector, we can expect to see an array of options for expanding business and participating in the region’s growth,' he noted.
A wholly-owned entity of Dubai Government, Dubai Silicon Oasis operates as a free zone technology park for the semiconductor, microelectronic and other high technology-based companies looking to set up their regional headquarters and R&D facilities in the Middle East and Africa region.-TradeArabia News Service
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Gulf Marine Services makes muted London debut
- Emal to supply molten aluminium to Ducab unit
- Ducab acquires British cable firm
- Emirates SkyCargo wins top awards
- Bayer opens new coatings, adhesives lab in Dubai
- Chep Aerospace unveils new ULD mobile app
- Cargo summit calls for cut in transit times
- Dubai bus fare cheapest among top cities
- DHL Express boosts Mideast fleet
- DNV to re-certifiy Drydocks World services
- Amphibious boats make global debut in Dubai
- Qatar sets up mixed business incubator
- Non-oil sectors ‘biggest contributors to UAE economy’
- Alba educates customers on best practices
- Spinneys to set up distribution centre at Kizad
- Maritime courses draw more trainees
- Dow to showcase at Dubai coatings expo
- UAE aluminium sector backs Syria refugees
- Asry in big vessel repair milestone
- Flare, Jordan form parent company ‘Aereon’
- Drydocks delivers second MCV for US
- ASIS launches amphibious leisure boat
- Taskforce sought to develop Saudi downstream sector
- DP World launches $200m India project
- RAK 'exploring' ceramics unit stake sale
- Mideast carriers top global air freight growth
- DMCA launches maritime solution apps
- Saudi plans oil-to-chemicals plant at Yanbu
- Sabic gets four bids for JV with Mitsubishi Rayon
- Pentair, IDC launch industrial services JV