Saudi Cement plans 1-for-2 share issue, cash dividend
Jeddah, February 24, 2010
Saudi Cement Company plans to issue one free share for each two held by investors and a cash dividend of 3.50 riyals ($0.93) for 2009, Saudi Arabia's second-largest producer said.
'Company shares will increase from 102 million shares to 153 million shares by providing shareholders one free share for each two shares they currently own,' the firm said in a statement on the bourse website on Wednesday.
The move, which will raise the company's capital to SR1.5 billion from SR1 billion, is subject to shareholders' approval.
The company also proposed a dividend of 3.50 riyals per share for 2009, another statement said.
The firm said it made a made a net profit of SR582 million in 2009, down 6.3 per cent from the previous year, due to increased operational costs.-Reuters
More Industry, Logistics & Shipping Stories
- Johnson Controls, Hitachi in AC venture
- OICT installs nextgen cranes at Sohar Port
- Saudi petchem giants eye share-swap merger in 2014
- Expo focus on UAE manufacturing sector
- Abu Dhabi port sets container throughput record
- Alba unit to mark HSE week
- Mideast air freight growth up 12.3pc
- Tycoon Sawiris announces $1bn Egypt investment
- Drydocks to build giant jack-up rigs in Dubai
- iMENA unveils big Saudi investment plans